[CQ-Contest] OCDX CW CONTEST IS ON THIS WEEKEND

To: <Oceaniacom@yahoogroups.com>, <vkcc@yahoogroups.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <uk-contest@contesting.com>, <ZLHAMS@yahoogroups.com>, <zldxc@yahoogroups.com>, <OceaniaDXTest@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] OCDX CW CONTEST IS ON THIS WEEKEND
From: "Brian Miller" <brianmiller@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 00:22:16 +1100
Hi everyone

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who participated in the PHONE section of
the Oceania DX (OCDX) Contest last weekend. We look forward to receiving your
logs. A list of the logs received and claimed scores is updated hourly on our
web site. It looks like we achieved another record turnout and good conditions
on the higher bands are resulting in some very large scores being claimed –
including a score of over 50 million in the MM category from the T32C team.

It is now time to get your key out for the CW section of the contest which is
scheduled this weekend from 08:00 UTC Saturday 8 October to 08:00 UTC Sunday 9
October. This is a unique opportunity to use CW to contact a large number of
Oceania stations on all of the non-WARC bands between 160M and 10M. As well as
VK, ZL and YB stations we are expecting a good turnout from some of the rarer
Oceania entities. The Oceania Amateur Radio DX Group will be active from
Vanuatu using the callsign YJ0VK - see http://yj0vk.odxg.org/ for more
information. The T32C Christmas Island DXpedition advises that it will also be
happy to work stations in the contest (even if they are duplicate QSOs) but it
will not be issuing numbers so please use “001” as the received number for any
QSOs with T32C.

Here is brief summary of the rules for the contest:

Oceania stations can work other Oceania and non-Oceania stations. Non-Oceania
stations can only work Oceania stations.
Bands: 160M to 10M (excluding WARC bands).
Exchange: RS(T) + serial number.
QSO points: 20 points per QSO on 160M; 10 points on 80M; 5 points on 40M; 1
point on 20M; 2 points on 15M; and 3 points on 10M.
Final Score: The sum of the QSO points multiplied by the number of prefixes
worked (the same prefix can be counted once on each band).

Entry Categories:
Single Operator All Band Low Power (max 100W)
Single Operator All Band High Power
Single Operator Single Band Low Power (max 100W)
Single Operator Single Band High Power
Multiple Operators and Single Transmitter (only one transmitted signal at any
time)
Multiple Operators and Two Transmitters (no more than two transmitted signals
at any time and on different bands)
Multiple Operators and Multiple Transmitters (no more than one transmitted
signal at any time on each band)
Shortwave Listener (receive only) All Band

QSO alerting assistance (e.g., packet spots) is allowed in all entry
categories, but self-spotting or asking other stations to spot you is not
allowed.

A range of attractive trophies and plaques will be awarded as listed on the web
site at http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com/trophies.htm. Certificates will be
awarded to the winning stations in each of the categories above - for each
continent and country. A participation certificate will also be awarded to
every station that makes at least one valid QSO.

Deadline: All logs must be emailed or postmarked NO LATER than 7 November 2011.
Electronic logs are to be in Cabrillo format and emailed to
cw@oceaniadxcontest.com with the callsign in the email subject header. Paper
logs are to be sent to “Oceania DX Contest, c/o PO Box 21088, Little Lonsdale
Street, Victoria 8011, Australia”.

The detailed rules and other information about the contest is available from
the Oceania DX Contest web site at http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com/index.html

We hope you have a lot of fun in the contest and look forward to seeing you at
the low end of the bands in the CW pile ups!

73

Oceania DX Contest Committee
ZL1AZE/VK3MI, ZL3GA, VK2HN, VK3TZ, VK4TI, VK6DXI, VK7GN