Re: [CQ-Contest] Baggage Charges for Expeditions

To: "'Geoff Howard'" <ghoward@kent.edu>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Baggage Charges for Expeditions
From: "Chet" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:35:39 -0400
As a thought, you might try finding out if any HAM commercial pilots fly
that route.  When we went to VP2A we were in the airport when we ran across
Conrad WA3SSB in the airport.  He asked us where we were going and we said
Antigua.  He said that was his flight and then asked if we had any ham
equipment we would like him to get on the plane.  We did and it saved us a
bundle and this was before all these new charges were instigated.  He was
regularly flying to Antigua and the run to PJ2.  We fully intended to bring
everything back with us but we ended up giving some stuff that was going to
cost more to ship back stateside than it would cost to replace it stateside.
All of the beams/rotors were sold to the locals which saved them some
serious shipping fees and saved us a fortune by not having to ship it back.

73

Chet  N4FX, VP2A, KP4EAJ, KL7AIZ, ZD8W, VQ9XX, N6ZO, N6ZO/HH9, N6ZO/6Y5,
KG4ZO