[CQ-Contest] Does providing assistance place in the assisted category?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Does providing assistance place in the assisted category?
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:51:49 +0000 (GMT)
N7DF asks...
If you provide assistance to another station such as telling him where a
multiplier
is on the band but you do not use any such assistance yourself, do you place
yourself in the ASSISTED category?

[snip]
In CQWWDX, Rule 12A, we note that:
Call sign alerting assistance of any kind places the entrant in one of the
Single
Operator Assisted categories.
[end snip]

I do not see anything about directionality (providing versus receiving), so to
my simple
mind, the answer to your question is YES...the "sender" is assisted.

Anyhow, if you know someone is "unassisted," why would you jeopardize their
status
by sending them such information?  Maybe in an attempt to sabotage their
operation?
Nahhhh...couldn't be.

de Doug KR2Q

Final Disclaimer:  The above comments are MY OWN and should never be construed
as
being representative of the opinions of any contest committee with which I may
be
associated.

Very TIC