Re: [CQ-Contest] newbie question about split operating

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] newbie question about split operating
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 10:15:53 +0100
AA0AA wrote: The operator was on 7.128.30 (on my dial) and kept saying
(exact words) "this frequency and 'seven zero three three'".

"This frequency" is his transmitting one of 7128 kHz.  He listens there AND
also on 7033 kHz.  Lower freq is usually quiter.  TX above 7200 kHz also
helps.

Split operation removes callers from your TX freq.  Helpfull on lower bands,
different IARU band segments, DX expeditions and other pile-ups.  Crossband
used on VHF.

I guess one has to be bio_logist to get 4 A's as new_bie :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU hamradio since 1962