[CQ-Contest] BOGUS RATES: Pot calling the kettle black?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] BOGUS RATES: Pot calling the kettle black?
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 00:44:17 +0000 (GMT)
Are you kidding me?

By far,the biggest "fault," (if you want to use such a term) is on the part of
the callers,
not the guy running the pileup.

How many guys, who are tuning across the band and run into a pileup, actually
give the
call of the guy are calling?  5%?

Pileup guy:  Contest, 1M1A
Caller: KR2Q
Pileup guy: KR2Q 5941
KR2Q: 5905

Pileup guy: 1M1A
Caller: W5OV
Pileup guy: W5OV 5941
W5OV: 5904

etc.

I bet you dollars to donuts that for the VAST majority of contest pileups, THIS
is how
it goes.  The guy running the pileup DOES send his call but 95% (maybe 99%) of
the
callers never send Pileup Guy's call back at him.

So if anything is "bogus" about the rates, it is due to the callers and not
Pileup Guy.

de Doug KR2Q
Usual disclaimer:  The comments above are my own opinions and should not be
construed
in any way as representative of any contest committee with which I may be
associated.