Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW impt notice: optional modification to cabrillo for

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW impt notice: optional modification to cabrillo format
From: ww3s@zoominternet.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 09:25:48 -0500

        I'm not sure this is a good idea......at what point are too many "X"
too many? As someone that's operated M/S now a few times, we take
great pains to make sure the mult station only works mults....whats
to prevent somone from working any station with the mult station, and
then editing the log post contest?
 On Tue 11/ 8/11 6:54 AM , kr2q@optimum.net sent:
  Hi...
 I just received an inquiry (as shown below) and I thought it was
worth posting here too.
 "We were M/S and find that we worked some non-mults with the mult
station. What should we
 do?"
 New this year for CQWW, you can now include a contact row in your
cabrillo file that WILL NOT
 COUNT. This means the log checking will ignore this QSO for you, but
will NOT ignore it for the
 "other guy." This way, YOUR log is clean AND the other guy does not
get dinged.
 How?
 Edit your cabrillo output as follows:
 For ONLY the row (or rows) you want to be ignored, insert an "X" (no
quotes" in front of the
 "QSO" portion of the row (no spaces).
 So a row that originally look like this:
 QSO: 7011 CW 2009-11-28 0000 KT3Y 599 5 YU1LA 599 15 1
 Should be modified to look like this:
 XQSO: 7011 CW 2009-11-28 0000 KT3Y 599 5 YU1LA 599 15 0
 For M/S, also note that you should change the "Transmitter ID" (last
column) from "1" to "0"
 For full details (video) of the entire CQWW 2011 update, go to:
 http://www.pvrc.org/webinar/cqww_2011.wmv [1]
 And THANKS again to the PVRC for hosting this.
 de Doug KR2Q
 no "usual" disclaimer

Links:
------