Re: [CQ-Contest] Google Earth CQ zones overlay

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Google Earth CQ zones overlay
From: Alan Sewell N5NA <alan.n5na@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:34:39 -0600
I played around with a KML file of maidenhead grid squares last year.
It's a very large file and sometimes causes Google Earth to crash.  You
can download it at <http://www.n5na.net/grid/WorldGrid_2+4.kmz>.

It starts out showing the 2 letter grids.  As you zoom in the 4 letter
grids appear.  Give it several seconds to load before you start zooming in.

A KMZ file is just a KML file that has been zipped up.  If you want to
get back to the base KML just change the extension to zip and unzip it.

73,  Alan  N5NA