Re: [CQ-Contest] Opinion: SO-unassisted should not be using CW Skimmer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Opinion: SO-unassisted should not be using CW Skimmer
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:34:25 -0400
Times change.  There is no going back on technology.  Personally I love it.

I was just running RTTY on 10m with a howling EU pileup and had 24
receive channels open.  It allowed me to work stations much faster,
which i think is the whole point of these advances.

The Iphone allows you to talk to your phone now and allows the user to
do many tasks much faster and safer with their phones.

The DX clusters are not going away and I don't see skimmers going away
nor the next big advancement.

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011