[CQ-Contest] no call - no exchange!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] no call - no exchange!
From: "nick" <nick@clockmaker.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:34:34 +1100
I have one to confess. My stupidity, won't do it again!

Just cleared a small pile and was ready to change band when VU2? came on
with CQ. Didn't get the suffix, but gave him "599 30".
He replied straight away with "599 22" and continued with "QSY to 7.040?"
Why not - that would be two double mults in a minute, and I was heading there
anyway.
On my PSE UR CALL AGN there was no reply, he was already on his way down to 40m.
No big deal; I'll get him there and copy the rest of his call.
Probably not the most ethical thing to do, but hey - I can live with that.

As you would expect, 7.040 was zoo but I could still hear my VU2 friend.
Now there was only one problem: he was sending MY callsign only :-(
Making a QSO with my self would not make sense, so I just gave up
and juicy QUAD mult went down the drain.

Morale of the story: greed will get you!

73 Nick VK2DX

PS here is another story about serial contest rapist:

[thick US pileup]
[me] K8?
W3BIGGUN
KA8?
W3BIGGUN  W3BIGGUN
KA8M?
W3BIGGUN  W3BIGGUN
KA8KM? KN KN
W3BIGGUN  W3BIGGUN W3BIGGUN
KA8KM? KN KN
W3BIGGUN  W3BIGGUN W3BIGGUN

At that point of time, I had no other option but to work the bully.

Morale fo the story: lost my pride, but saved my rate.