Re: [CQ-Contest] Antenna slippage on mast

To: "'Dick Green'" <dick@mailgreen.us>, "'Guy Molinari'" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Antenna slippage on mast
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 17:10:11 -0600
Guy,

So, is what you're saying that the 20m antenna is slipping on the mast? I
think that you have the 15 on the same mast, but from what you said, it's
not clear.

To stop it moving, you need to either "pin" it as Dick suggests or increase
the friction enough between the antenna and the mast.

One way to do this is to add more U-Bolts around the mast. If it's got 4,
add 4 more - increase the friction.

73,

Bob W5OV