Re: [CQ-Contest] Can a call be too short?

To: <Ktfrog007@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Can a call be too short?
From: "Milt -- N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:19:26 -0700
The Eastern AZ Amateur Radio Society, Inc. (EAARS) has been issued the club
call sign K7EAR.  This call sign flows VERY well on CW, especially the
rhythmic suffix.  Short and snappy.

Dah-di-dah, dah-dah-di-di-dit, dit, di-dah, di-dah-dit.

de Milt, N5IA, another one selected for short baud count.

My Novice and subsequent call sign suffix was FPO, the Fleet Post Office.
Lots of old Salts of the day told me they would "kill" to have that suffix.
Well, it has been vacant for nearly 40 years, so I suppose it isn't that
much in demand.  It was LOOOOONG on CW and was misunderstood on 'phone much
of the time when used without phonetics.