Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network Stats from ARRL DX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network Stats from ARRL DX CW
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:21:02 -0500
I'm afraid that doesn't explain it, Jorge.  As I understand it, a
station must QSY ~500 Hz before he is recognized as a "new CQer", and
then only if his transmission contains the keywords CQ or TEST and his
own callsign at least once.  The procedure used to answer callers should
make no difference.

It is more likely, I think, that the other stations were making sure to
incorporate the keywords in their transmissions often enough so that
they were sure of being re-spotted soon after their "every 10 minutes"
interval had expired.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,