Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: Jack/W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:18:01 -0700
On 4/11/2012 2:22 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Those who claim "it's the only way I can get on the air"
> deserve no sympathy.
<snip>

> 73,
> Paul EI5DI

This is the one statement that really gets my boxers in a bunch, Paul. I
know folks who are in exactly this situation and to say they deserve no
sympathy is utterly callous.

There are plenty of communities in the US where local governments,
homeowner's associations and neighbors wish to, and *do*, severely
restrict or prohibit antennas of *any* sort. Folks in these situations
may not have sufficiently deep pockets to simply pull up roots and move
to a friendlier environment, not to mention the *very* deep pockets it
can take to effectively fight such unwarranted restrictions.

In these all too common circumstances people should be applauded for
their efforts to remain active, whether in contests or simple daily
operation, and not derided for utilizing technology that is improper in
your narrow view.

--
Jack, W6NF
Silver Springs, NV