Re: [CQ-Contest] News #11 - WRTC2014 Competition Rules Released for Revi

To: k5zd@charter.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] News #11 - WRTC2014 Competition Rules Released for Review
From: Luc Moreira <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:11:05 -0300
Randy,

Last WRTC, I learned from the selection criteria how to pave my road to TL.
I'm full committed with PW7T team, so I could use my M/2 efforts to compose
my selection final score and chose some specific events to do Single-Op.

Then, new selection criteria for WRTC2014 says M/2 worth less points than
M/S. Since WRTC operation would be similar to M/S style, just one signal on
the air, that makes sense.

New rules pop up and WRTC2014 will be a pure M/2 style event, but selection
criteria penalize M/2 efforts. That's not making sense anymore.

I know, that is my case only and that is not bothering me. But would be
great If selection criteria mimics WRTC operation style.

73, Luc
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2006 Brazilian Referee
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, R37U, ZY7C, PX8C, ZZ8Z)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member