Re: [CQ-Contest] Big change in WRTC rules

To: sawyered@earthlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big change in WRTC rules
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 15:49:00 -0400 (EDT)
It is not so crazy. It is, after all, the World Radiosport TEAM
Competition. Lots of Olympic teams are picked on non-statistical bases - think
basketball.

The question of how low power qualifications fits in also makes sense. The
real individual competition is in the high power classes.Basketball players
are  selected on their performances in the NBA, or in some cases the NCAA.
They are  not the best players in the D-Leagues, even if there are some very
good players  in the D-Leagues.

A single individual can have a lot more effect in a M/S operation than in a
 M/M operation. And a M/2 with two operators is a lot more like a single op
 effort than a M/2 with six operators.

I've not been there, but I would think that, as in other team sports, team
chemistry plays an important role in team radiosport competitions. For a
serious  competitor, there is no reason to select an inferior teammate because
of  personal friendships.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 5/20/2012 7:47:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,