Re: [CQ-Contest] [QRP-L] solar eclipse, beacon

To: bruceaa5b@gmail.com, nmqrp@yahoogroups.com, abqham@yahoogroups.com, cq-contest@contesting.com, QRP-L@mailman.qth.net, bob@applegate.org, adxa@yahoogroups.com, k7ra@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [QRP-L] solar eclipse, beacon
From: KB4QQJ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
I randomly went back and forth to the beacons and posted some of my results
 here:
_http://www.cwfun.org/funspots/kx3.html_
(http://www.cwfun.org/funspots/kx3.html)
It seemed the weakest at sundown to mid eclipse on 40 meters and then
continued to grow in strength as the eclipse ended. That seemed about normal
for
 40 meters here in NC.
However, on 20 meters as the eclipse started and 20 meter signals to NM are
 normally faint, it was nice and strong. As the eclipse ran its course 20
seemed  to fade into west when I normally work a lot of west coast, AZ, NM
stations. I  have no idea what anyone else experienced. I didn't see any more
posts. I would  be interested in what others copied on the beacon.

73 for now,
Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 5/20/2012 12:12:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,