[CQ-Contest] Impressions of Contesters University and other Contester Da

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Impressions of Contesters University and other Contester Dayton Events
From: Tom Lange <wc5b@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:24:18 -0400
I just wanted to drop a quick statement of how impressed I (and a few
others of us that went together) of the Contesters University, the
Contesters Suite, and the Contesters Dinner this year at Dayton. I have
been a Ham for 21 years and live only 4 hours away, but I rarely stayed
more then a day at Dayton (and 10 years overseas military service).
Because of that, I never really looked to see what extra activities were
going on. This year, I have a small group of hams that I have been
elmering in. We decided to really experience Dayton on a multi-day level
this time. As our group leans towards contesting and dx'ing, the
Contesters University was a no brainier.

Now I write this because one thing must be said! The impression that you
left on myself and my fellow local hams is huge. After the dinner
Saturday we all were taken back by one common observation, the massive
amount of love and respect you had for one another! To go one step
further, the respect you had for us, a puny little club that operates
from a small little city lot station.

We come from an area with little in the way of local interest in the HF
end of things. Very VHF and Emcomm related. Unfortunately a large amount
of stress and drama comes with it. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of
many new hams. However, after meeting you all and watching everything
very closely, all of my new hams latter told me independently that
"these are the people I want to associate with!"

A special thanks to the members of LCC. They took us in and treated us
as if we were one of their own members and had known them for many years.

Thanks for a great Dayton. We will be back!

Tom
WC5B
President Noobz Contest Club
http://www.noobzcontestclub.org