Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 19:18:37 -0700
You're not the first to have suggested something like that but that
doesn't make it any easier for me to understand the logic behind it.
Unintentional or not, the contacts Yuri made weren't legitimate under
the circumstances and it's not the contest sponsor's job to massage the
log to make it look legitimate.  If KV4FZ was actually present as a
control operator it might make sense for the ARRL to let Yuri resubmit
as multi-op (similar to what has been done when people have
"inadvertently" claimed unassisted while using the cluster), but aside
from that I don't see that there is anything to be done here.

What if I start a contest operating high power and then decide after two
hours that propagation is so good that I want to switch to low power?  I
can't just delete the early high power contacts from my log because that
would give a bunch of other participants a NIL and probably get my entry
flagged as unstable, so should I expect the sponsor to delete them for
me just so I can jump categories?

Seems like the same difference here to me.

73,
Dave   AB7E