Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:46:09 -0400
Hey Zack,

I was the only CW Guy at my FD -- I made 550 CW and 200 SSB QSOs on 40m,
with the rest of the entire FD operators making 1300 QSOs on all the other
bands.
It was great to hear so much CW activity!  The band conditions on all bands
were
not great in the East...  40 was really short for a good part of the day.
I worked
all the US except KL7; VEs were non-existent for me west of Ontario!
 Antenna
was a 3-el wire beam at 40'.

Other guys reported high band conditions as stinko.   We had one Q on 10
with a local!

We have 10/5 Mbps internet on-site thanks to Verizon 4G LTE.   That was
cool,
as I took Pete  (N4ZR's) suggestion and use the mapping feature of the RBN
to show where
my sigs were being heard.   Non-ham visitors to the site really liked the
map.
It was cool to see the RBN light up in Europe as the sun went down on
Saturday.
It doesn't lie -- I was called by lots of Europeans.   The only flaw, to
some people, is you
need CW for the RBN to work :-)

73, Gerry W1VE (@ K1BKE 4A)