Re: [CQ-Contest] Need advice

To: Dick-W0RAA <dickt@w0raa.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Need advice
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 05:47:11 -0500
Hi Dick,

If it's just RTTY SO2R that you are interested in, then you probably don't need a
DX Doubler. Depending on the software you use, you can probably accomplish
what you want with just a couple of serial ports and a simple interface on each
port. AA5AU's RTTY contesting site and the N1MM user manual should give you
a lot of ideas. A serial port can handle PTT and FSK keying (one port for each radio.) All you need for receive is a stereo sound card with a line input, and the appropriate cabling to your radios. You may need a simple resistor pad if your radios don't
have a line level output and you have to use the headphone output instead.

73, Kirk K4RO