Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating as a moral issue

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating as a moral issue
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:56:30 -0700

For once ... ;) ... I have to completely agree with Paul ... amazingly on every point he made below.

A "contest" without rules is not a contest at all, and history has shown time and time again that people will not participate in any competitive activity that they feel is rigged against them. I might easily go out for a hard run with others for the pure enjoyment of it, but no way will I enter an organized race that allows other runners to take shortcuts without penalty.

For the most part I do not support Yuri's suggestions because they put the burden for preventing cheating on those who don't cheat, but turning a race into a fun run is not the answer either.

Dave   AB7E