[CQ-Contest] NAQCC 8th Anniversary

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQCC 8th Anniversary
From: "NAQCC" <va3rj@torfree.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:27:13 -0400
This coming week of October 7 through the 13th is a very special one for the
North American QRP CW Club (NAQCC). That week we celebrate the 8th anniversary
of the founding of the club by Tom KB3LFC (now WY3H) - President, and John
K3WWP - Vice-President. We will have 10 special event stations on the air that
week - one from each USA call area - with the calls N1A, N2A, N3A, N4A, N5A,
N6A, N7A, N8A, N9A, N0A. The 40 operators of the calls will post their
operating schedule at http://naqcc.info/n3a_complete_schedule.php so you will
know when and where to look for them as you participate in our celebration.

We are offering special QSL cards and Certificates for anyone who works one or
more of our special event stations. To find out how you may obtain one and/or
the other, check the information contained on the page at
http://naqcc.info/main_n3a.html. You must follow the informatin there EXACTLY
or your request may not be fulfilled.

The operation commences at 0000Z October 7 and continues through 2359Z October
13. That is the week of our monthly sprint with which many of you reading this
may already be familiar. However this month's sprint is something special as
all 10 of our special event calls will be active for the full two hours. There
may be some sort of award or prize to the one working the most different calls.
This should make our already extremely popular sprints even more popular than
usual when we normally get 175-200 participants, of whom 110-130 or so will
submit logs.

The sprint is Tuesday evening October 9 at 8:30-10:30 PM EDT which converts to
the more familiar Wednesday October 10 from 0030-0230Z. Hope to see you there
as well as at other times during anniversary week.

* John K3WWP - 100% CW / QRP - Proudly promoting Morse Code:
*
* As NAQCC VP - # 0002 FC # 1 - http://naqcc.info/
*
* As FISTS Keynote QRP Columnist - # 2002 - http://www.fists.org/
*
* With my CW-QRP site - http://home.windstream.net/johnshan/

on behalf of all our 40 special event station operators

with thanks to Dave VA3RJ for distributing this information to his wealth of
sources.