Re: [CQ-Contest] Off-Topic e-mail question

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Off-Topic e-mail question
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:35:53 -0700
I will guess that your old drive is IDE and your new drive is SATA. Do you have a computer wonk friend with an IDE motherboard? She could temporarily install your old drive as a second hard drive, and put your contacts on a USB stick.

Or you could buy one of these enclosures:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182142&name=External-Enclosures
Install your old drive in the enclosure and connect it to the new computer via USB cable. This method allows you to get ALL the data from your old drive, and also lets you use the old drive to back up data from all of the computers in your house.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona

-----Original Message----- From: Carol Richards