Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW/KL7 in lower states

To: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW/KL7 in lower states
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:49:40 +0100
Always check the zone the log program suggests(!) before you hit the
"enter" button, esspecially with stations from countries divided in several
CQ zones such as the US, Canada en Russia. In other parts of the world the
CQ zones normally cover several different countries and the logging
software 99% of the time suggests the right zone.

It's like David said, log what was send. Changing the callsign will make it
unique.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op woensdag 31 oktober 2012 schreef David Levine (david@levinecentral.com)
het volgende:

> You should log the call and zone sent. Your logging program suggested a
> zone but what was sent is what must be logged.
>
> David - K2DSL
>  On Oct 31, 2012 8:32 AM, "Frank Grossmann"
> <frank@grossmann.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > hi contest committee , Randy,
> >
> > sorry if this has been asked before.
> >
> > I worked KL7HM who is in Arizona, zone 3.
> > He was sending out "KL7HM" as callsign, and Win-Test recorded this as
> > Alaska, with a probable mistake on the zone side.
> >
> > Am I allowed to put him in the log as KL7HM/K7?
> > Or would that eliminate the validity of the QSO or make it unique?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Frank
> > DL2CC

73, Maarten PD2R