[CQ-Contest] Compression Socks and Contest Food

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Compression Socks and Contest Food
From: Sigurdur Jakobsson <siggijak@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 20:10:22 +0000
On the eve of the greatest contest in the world, the CQWW CW , I have
several things I would like to share with fellow contesters

.......By using knee high Compression Socks, we can fight off much of the
swelling that otherwise occurs after sitting for tens of hours working the
Contest.
 Compression Socks are designed to increase blood circulation,by providing
graduated pressure on the lower leg and foot.
 Wear comfortable shoes with the laces loose,or even wear slippers, to
further aid in the fight against swelling....

 Wear the socks for several days prior to the Contest to get used to the
feeling....

Contest Food......Another very important subject, and here are some items
that have worked well for me:

1. Consume food that is high in Complex Carbohydrates. Good sources are:
Bananas, Whole Grain Bread. e.t.c.
Complex Carbs are released slowly into the blood stream, thus helps in
keeping the Blood Sugar stable, which is all important
when concentrating for long periods of time.....Consume little food at a
time, every 2-3 hours is good, and drink water with it.

2. Avoid consuming Simple Sugars, such as sweets, and soft drinks that are
high in sugars.....By consuming simple sugars, the Blood Sugar rises
rapidly (spike)
and then falls quickly, leaving you drowsy, and your concentration takes a
dive.

3. Avoid Coffee, and other highly caffinated drinks, this usually includes
most Energy Drinks The same applies as above.
 While Caffein will give you a sudden boost, but when it wears off, you
will feel drowsy, even sleepy.......Not good.......

This is just a short list of what has worked well for me......Keeping fit
by exercising 3-4 times a week, staying close or @ your ideal weight, are
all important
things to your general well being, and thus will let you perform better in
Contests.....

Good luck to all Contesters in the upcoming CQWW CW contest......

Siggi TF3CW