Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC

To: "'Steef'" <steefpa3s@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 02:46:41 -0000
Steef,

You make some good points.  And perhaps the next WRTC committee can consider
them when it makes its qualifying algorithm.

The first thing to remember is that this is for qualifying.  It does not
define the winner of WRTC.  The qualifying process is intended to select the
top operators from around the world to participate.  Top is defined as
having very good scores in their area in contests over the 3 year qualifying
period.

There are very good operators at multi-ops. WRTC is a multi-op competition.
These operators want an opportunity to qualify so multi-op scores are
included.  There is a limit that only half of the qualifying scores can come
from multi-ops.  This rule requires that the qualifying op still do some
good single-op efforts.

Thanks for your interest in WRTC.  I know the qualifying competition in
Europe is very intense.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in New England
in 2014.

Randy, K5ZD