Re: [CQ-Contest] Telegraph code in Lincoln movie

To: w1ve@yccc.org
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Telegraph code in Lincoln movie
From: Sean Cavanaugh <seanc@unixgeeks.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:17:04 -0600
It's not spelled out explicitly, but this paragraph would lead me to believe
they were using American Morse:

"Jim Wilson is the longtime editor of Dots & Dashes, the official publication
of the Morse Telegraph Club Inc. For years, he and his son have participated in
Civil War re-enactments as telegraph operators of the period."

The Morse Telegraph Club webpage says the use both International and American
Morse, as well as "preserving the heritage of telegraphy and educating the
public on the history of Morse telegraph communications." I'd think that if
anyone would know the difference, it'd be these guys. :)

73,
Sean - VA5LF