[CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:30:49 -0800
K3KU writes:

> Just now, second time in NAQP (only been on for 3 hrs), answer CQ of BIG
GUN.  No reply.  I call again. And again.  No replies.
Well - I am the big gun that K3KU speaks of.  As it turns out - YES - I was
working
someone on the other radio when he called - but I was all prepared to
answer him
on his first call - but fat fingered somethingon my keyboard when he called
and my
logging program hung in a weird state.  I can take full responsibility for
that since I
wrote my own software.

So - while what he said is true - I believe that the reason for the delay
had more to
do with my inability to respond to his first call because I couldn't send
any CW.

I believe that K3KU was pretty aggressive about trying to take over my
frequency.
Normally - if there is a 5 or 10 second delay - you don't assume that the
frequency
is now yours.   I think if you did that going up and down the band - you
would find
yourself making a lot of enemies.

Also - to correct assumptions - when I am working a QSO on the second radio
- I
do not "own" that frequency.  The guy who was CQing does.

73 Tree N6TR