[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: Have NCCC and PVRC ruined SS?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: Have NCCC and PVRC ruined SS?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 08:31:17 -0700
Many of you are overreacting and misrepresenting to my original comment. An example of this is WW4B's statement "I am extremely upset by the whole idea that the rules are off the table". I never said that the rules are off the table.

First of all, I have absolutely no role in making, changing or influencing the rules in any ARRL contest. I'm simply a lowly contest results author :)

Please read my comment below, again. It reflects the current realities of those who do make the rules at the ARRL. I said ---drastic changes---, which means those changes that significantly effect the historical character and nature of the contest. Being able to work the same station on multiple bands certainly meets the definition of --drastic change-- to Sweepstakes. However, tweaking the rules to allow different callsigns to be used from the same transmitter/antenna combination probably doesn't meet the definition of --drastic change--, IMHO.

73,
Steve, N2IC