[CQ-Contest] Fixing my Sprint Log

To: cwsprintmgr@ncjweb.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fixing my Sprint Log
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 11:33:11 -0500
(This is actually for the Sprint Manager; just posted to CQ-contest for
interest; maybe Manager will poist the reply there, too.)

I broke a rule.  Having solicited and gotten a QSO, I ceded the freq, like
I'm supposed to do.  But I had to go back in my log and fix the typing in a
few QSOs before I forgot, so I did not tune away.  While I was typing, one
of my local buddies made a QSO and inherited the freq.  I was so excited to
hear him (and to know that  I could actually get him with one fast call),
that I forgot I was not allowed to -- I had not made a new QSO on a
different freq.  (I realized my error as I was working him.  As I recall, I
left the freq after the QSO.)

It appears that I can delete my credit for that QSO -- but still leave it
in the log so my buddy does not get dinged -- by simply changing some of
the logged data (nr or name).

Should I do that?

73, Art K3KU