Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer spots compared to human spots

To: <jpescatore@aol.com>, <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer spots compared to human spots
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 07:43:59 -0600
K3TN said:

" During a contest it really doesn't help if a bad spot goes out and then 10
people either send out announces or odd new spots to chastise the
mis-spotter."

I have to disagree with this. If the person who sent out the bad spot is
corrected, it's not likely that he'll spot T30S (T Three Zero S) again when
he hears HA30S (H A Three Zero S) the next time.

The same is not true with skimmer/RBN. Whatever the cause is: QRM, choppy
sending, lack of a half-space, etc., the skimmer/RBN re-spots that same
station wrongly over and over and over and over again.

What happens outside of contests is completely irrelevant to what we're
talking about here.

W5OV