Re: [CQ-Contest] Moral of the story...really?

To: N9KY@arrl.net, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Moral of the story...really?
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:26:39 -0500 (EST)

Chuck,

SCP files do not contain stations' QTH info (such as WI and KY)?

Right, Bob?

73, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
Cell 941-400-1960

In a message dated 3/2/2013 12:09:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
N9KY@arrl.net writes:

On Thu,  Feb 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>  wrote:

I saw this when I was traveling between MT and CO.  People  were getting
> wrong both ways, obviously using data from previous  years.
>
> Their loss.

In almost every one of my LCRs,  there are stations listed who log my state
incorrectly as "WI," not "KY"  where I currently reside.  The previous (SK)
owner of my call was a WI  resident...but he's been gone for at least three
years now, and was likely  inactive for longer than that.

If the logging stations had updated  their SuperCheck Partial files or just
copied what I actually sent, then  they wouldn't have the ding against their
scores.

--
Chuck  Milam,  N9KY
N9KY@arrl.net