Re: [CQ-Contest] Real-time Radiosport

To: "'Ward Silver'" <hwardsil@gmail.com>, "'Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real-time Radiosport
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:06:11 -0500
I usually agree with Ward on most things but I don't think that online
logging is a good thing.  I work contests because I like to work contests. I
like working lots of countries, I like seeing how fast I can work stations,
I like improving my radio skills.  My computer is another thing. I use
computers nearly every day but I don't enjoy fooling with/nor have the skill
to figure out how to make my computer interconnect with my logging program
nor some website that may change at the whim of the owner from day to day.

I have the skill to make an .adi file and upload it to 3830 with no problem.
I have tried to get my equipment to connect with the online websites before
but it appears that it is impossible to consistently connect and keep
connected. I want to contest - not play with my computer. Let me know when
the technology is such that I can click a button on whatever system I am
using (Win7, Win 8, Vista, XP, apple) and whatever contest program that I am
using and is consistently reliable and I will be more than happy to get with
the program!

Otherwise, I don't have a problem with making this exercise optional for
those that like to play with their computers as much as they like to work
contests.

Bill W5VX