[CQ-Contest] Fwd: KILLING THE GOLDEN GOOSE

To: w5ov@w5ov.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: KILLING THE GOLDEN GOOSE
From: W0ua@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:57:42 -0400 (EDT)
Bob,

Let's get clear on something here:  I did NOT say (or even suggest)  that
there was any attempt / intent to exclude anyone from the survey.   What I
DID say was that even though I've been thoroughly active in WPX (not only
WPX, but WW also)) CQ Contests, I had no idea this was happening until  tipped
to it by a third-party.  And, I wondered aloud how many more  there may be
in the same position.  Maybe I'm the only one?

You say that the notice couldn't have been more public.  How  about in CQ
Magazine, did I miss it there?  My fault and my  apologies if I did; please
tell me in which issue it appeared?

Let me say this again--I'm not accusing anyone of exclusionary intent  or
practice.  Just relating my own experience with it and my  concern that
everyone who feels he has a stake in the outcome has an  opportunity to be
heard.

Thanks,

Geo