[CQ-Contest] RTTY NCCC Sprint on Thursday (in NA)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY NCCC Sprint on Thursday (in NA)
From: Ken Keeler <kenkeeler@jazznut.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:02:02 -0700
Activity has picked up since we re-started, so let's continue the RTTY sprint practice on Thursdays, one hour before the CW NS:

Next: 0130 to 0200Z, MARCH 22; Thursday night in NA, 630 PM PDST, etc. Note that we are now all on DST.

Personally, I have found that RTTY contesting (using N1MM) has helped my SO2R proficiency on the other modes, mostly CW, but also in the recent SSB Sprint. That's by using the mouse to trigger messages in the appropriate logging window, which can be confusing if using keyboard/F keys only, because of the two logging windows.

Thanks to WA7BNM for setting up the score reporting on 3830. Bruce, pls continue UFN!

These 30 minute practices are for experienced sprinters on cw to learn a new mode,
and for RTTY contesters to learn the sprint format.  Also a chance
to try out the newly popular 2Tone decoder.

There are two main differences between the NCCC Sprints and NA Sprint:
In NS, power is limited to 100w, and mults count on all bands.
For this upcoming practice, use 80, 40, 20m; up 80+ Khz. from the bottom of the band. You need two different messages in sprint, one when acquiring a frequency: N6TR 245 KEN CA N6RO;
in a different order when vacating the freq.:  N8EA N6RO 246 KEN CA.
This let's others know who is acquiring the freq.

NS rules at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html
These apply for the RTTY practice sprints.

If you want the Thursday sprint RTTY practices to continue in future weeks, vote by showing up this Thursday.

Thursday Night Diddler, N6RO