Re: [CQ-Contest] Memory ain't so good but...

To: "bill" <bill@w9ol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Memory ain't so good but...
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:28:00 -0400
Bill,

Your memory is correct. The ARRL Phone and CW were both 2 weekends one month apart. You could work 96 hours. I think I made it to 73 hours. For a number of years W/VE had quotas on DX of I think 5 per country (CW only).

The ARRL SS was even more complicated. 2 weekends with a total of 73 hours. Single ops had a max of 40 hours so you had to choose your hours wisely. Plus you had to choose CW or Phone.

Too young to remember the CQ Marathons of the 1940's. Read about them in CQ when W9IOP (W2IOP) was editor.

Einstein was asked his phone number and he told the inquirer to look it up in the phone book (another olmost obsolete publication).

Dave K4JRB

----- Original Message ----- From: "bill" <bill@w9ol.com>