Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote listening query

To: "'Charles Harpole'" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>, "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote listening query
From: "Christian Schneider" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:00:47 +0200
de HS0ZCW: Does anyone have an estimate how much these systems are used in
contests or in chasing DX.  I am only asking about remote listening, but I
guess remote transmitting also happens.
---------

Only an impression: Used more often. Using qrp and lowwires here I
experience an incresing number of seemingly impossible qsos on the lowbands.
Each one is possible in theory. But an ever increasing number of especially
easy qsos per contest makes me wonder. Best was one station copying call and
serial number over about 3000 km on 80m without any request when I used 1
Watt to 22m sloping wire with the highest point at 11m.
But of course: elaborate beverage systems may be improving. Only gut feeling
that can raise the doubt. But doubt is not good for the fun with qrp-qsos
and in some cases I´m simply sure that my signal did not reach too him but
only to his remote rx.
73, Chris (DL8MBS)