Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX 10 min rule for MS - survey

To: oe1ems@emssolutions.at
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX 10 min rule for MS - survey
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:08:59 -0700
<soapbox ON>

I have no opinion on the survey question but I would very much appreciate
it if contest sponsors would offer a category in which multiple operators
share a single operating position with no more restrictions than a single
operator entry. No multiplier transmitter would be allowed but SO2R by one
operator at a time and spotting by other ops and networks would be
permitted. The California QSO Party does this in its M/S category with the
proviso that once an operator makes a contact, no other operator may make a
contact for 10 minutes. Good rule.

Of course, such a rule is not enforceable by simple log time checking -
it's just like the power limitations, enforceable mainly by the honor
system and peer pressure. That's OK with me. It seems ridiculous to invent
all sorts of weird, awkward restrictions for EVERYONE just because a
handful of egomaniacal morons want to cheat. Those who cheat will do so
regardless of rules.

<soapbox OFF>

73,

/Rick N6XI