Re: [CQ-Contest] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Remote contest operation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Remote contest operation
From: "C. \"Fred\" Johnson" <fredwt2p@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:50:52 -0500
Ladies and Gentlement of CQ-Contest:

Excuse my anger, and I'm not speaking for the WWYC (which I went into the HoF 2 yrs ago):

I guess the relatively young constesters who came up with this (remote ops); EI5DI, aren't real operators. I guess that's quite OK with us. Ham radio is boring, it now sucks. I remember in 1994 as a bright eyed kid taking my license exam and rising through the ranks and applying technology to my hobby to keep me interested. But.. apparently doing that makes me less of a "man" in this "hobby":

Not "man(woman) enough:"
-Compete
-Build a station
-- Overcome said obstacles of building a remote station in a BIG A** CITY
-Keep it interesting in the day and age of other things that keep people interested.

I applaud the CQWW committee for the Extreme category. It *had* my mind racing of how things can be done given the TOOLS available to us now. Reading your posts makes me think that it's otherwise, that we are always just going to be second class operators. Fine.

You know what? Keep your "no lids and space cadets" thing going. Soon, the ham bands will die out and you will not have anything (or anyone) left to have "pure RF conversations" on. And I, as a formerly fervent ham radio operator, will cheer the day it happens.

73 and GL,
WT2P
"PROUD REMOTE OPERATOR"