[CQ-Contest] Busted again!

To: pvrc@mailman.qth.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Busted again!
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 01:00:13 -0400
I posted earlier about messing up my log keeping in SSCW and losing the
Delaware multiplier and, hence, my Sweep.  I asked "Anybody want a Clean
Sweep mug?"

I got lots of good advice that I deserved the mug -- it is, in fact, based
on CLAIMED sweep, and there was some sentiment that I did make the QSO.

By my personal ethics I did not deserve the mug.  I think that the award
should be based on actual, not claimed.  And SS -- thank goodness --
requires that you actually copy what is sent.  If it's not correct in your
log, then you did not copy it correctly.  (Yes, kids, even "obvious typo's"
are errors.  No QSO.  Your job is to get exactly what was sent into your
log, duringth 'test.))

Psychologically, having the mug here would have been a constant reminder
that I messed up.  I can do that without a totem.

So, I got a fellow who did work the Sweep but neglected to order the mug.
He'll get my mug from SS CW.   Besides -- Heh heh! -- I'd still have the
mug I got for my Sweep in SS SSB.

Ha ha!  Friday I looked at the SS SSB LCRs.  In my only Santa Barbara QSO
I have the Check wrong!  No QSO, no Santa Barbara, no Sweep.

(My LCR on 'phone is way, way worse than on CW.  When I go to an
audiologist for hearing evaluations I find that I have trouble
differentiating the whole-word sounds, but I can hear those little beeps
way down into the noise :>)  )

So, the offer is open again -- anybody want a Clean Sweep Mug for SS 2012?
Brand new, unused (but I might not have the original carton.)

73, Art K3KU
Who is feeling like a real lid