[CQ-Contest] CQWW plaque arrive: happy and sad news

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW plaque arrive: happy and sad news
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 21:30:42 +0000 (GMT)
I am thrilled to report that I discovered the 2011 CW plaque (for QRP,
naturally) at my front
door when I got home from work today.  Looks good and makes me feel very happy.
 Many
thanks to K1AR for running the trophy program!!

The sad part?  Well, this is the FIRST W3ZZ Memorial Trophy.  Gene and I went
back for many
decades.  I got married in '81 and I for sure knew him before then.  Anyone who
knew Gene,
knew of his great story-telling ability.  Very much missed.

Thanks to Andy, N2NT (who I know even longer) for sponsoring the W3ZZ Memorial.

See

W3ZZ on the left

https://picasaweb.google.com/dougzzz/N2AA70thBirthday#5219214244422542690

https://picasaweb.google.com/dougzzz/N2AA70thBirthday#5219213917322568178