Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

To: "Rick Dougherty" <rick@nq4i.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
From: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 10:18:19 -0400
Gee Rick... You don’t have to insult someone's intelligence just because they
don’t agree with your point of view.  I have done contests from many big
contest  stations (including yours) and at my small station since 1976 so I
comprehend everything about contesting and what it takes to win.

BTW I operated WPX SSB MM at K8CC several times in the 1990’s and we beat
several east coast stations (and won) that category from Michigan. I don’t hear
K3LR (who is almost in Ohio) and N5AU , who both beat the east coast MM’s
before complaining about the rules like you regularly do. Maybe you should just
look at it as a challenge and maybe someday you will get some propagation that
will give you some type of an advantage.

Jeff KU8E