[CQ-Contest] Really independent

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Really independent
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:53:51 +0700
My first 1958 Field Day was in a real field, no electric, no stone picnic
tables, and no permits needed except from the bemused farmer.

IF Field Day is to be a real preparation for a real disaster, then that
means no "mains" power for anything, not the coffee pot and not the lights
and certainly not for computers without which most guys would not even
operate these days.

I hope no ham group has to go REALLY independent of mains in a disaster,
but my 1958 club Field Day was genuinely ready;  no air conditioned tents.

Oh and with every phone contact, we on W4KVK said "good luck in the
contest."

Enjoy and 73,

--
Charly, K4VUD (then KN4VUD)