Re: [CQ-Contest] Murphy Strikes Again!!!!!!!!!!

To: k5iid@sbcglobal.net, DFWcontest@yahoogroups.com, ctdxcc@kkn.net, cq-contest@contesting.com, ntcc@yahoogroups.com, lsdxa@yahoogroups.com, tdxs-list@tdxs.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Murphy Strikes Again!!!!!!!!!!
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 08:57:17 -0400 (EDT)
Can somebody please loan Tom a control box before WPX.  I would  if I
could, but I don't have one.

Tnx, Geo....

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

In a message dated 5/19/2013 8:16:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
k5iid@sbcglobal.net writes:

Just days to go before one of my favorite  contests and my Yaesu G-800SDX
rotator control box decided to say..."Oh  no you don't"
The 2 amp fuse blows instantly (as it should when there is a  problem) when
the power is applied. It does it with the rotor cable  removed so it
appears to be in the box.
Does anyone have any experience  repairing these devices. My eyesight no
longer allows me to work on such small  stuff.
My options are
1. Get this one repaired in less than  a week.
2. Find a loaner until this one can be  repaired
3. Find someone that can climb up and replace my Yaesu with  my HD-73 spare.
4. Buy a G-800SDX control box at a very cheap  price.
ORRRRRRRRRRR
5. Operate the entire contest with the antenna  pointed to EU...yeah i know
it could be pointed to the South  Pacific.

Any help out there any where?
Tom  K5IID
Hillsboro Texas

There is no joy in  Mudville!