Re: [CQ-Contest] Will there be anyone to work in 20 years?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Will there be anyone to work in 20 years?
From: "Christian Schneider" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 19:55:07 +0200
>But I do know the current recruiting methods aren't it.

As long as we think in "recruiting" (which sounds like forcing, to fulfill
kind of a business plan) it won´t work. We can only use as many ways as
possible to get people in contact with amateur radio, show it and the
hopefully available own fascination to them and create as many chances as
possible that as many as possible get infected. But you cannot talk someone
into being fascinated. But as long as so many people are severely infected
with i.e. the marathon virus - even if there is no "reason" to do it with
bikes and cars available - I´m optimistic that mobile phones and web don´t
prevent infection. We have so many different facets in the hobby. The one or
other may work.

73, Chris DL8MBS