Re: [CQ-Contest] Oh please, dont tackle me

To: "Charles Harpole" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>, "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Oh please, dont tackle me
From: "Roberto Rey" <cwdude@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:37:53 -0500
I don't really agree with that assessment. Radiosport is not a "I'm stronger than you am sport". We are supposed to be gentlemen on the air, and if I have a frequency I really do expect other operators to respect my stance. So if radiosport is an intimidation match I really don't want to play. I think the rule of the strongest doesn't apply here. And if does I really need to start collecting stamps!

Well, yes there is the occasional bully, but I think there are only a few. Now if somebody wants my frequency, I'm not going to give it up so easily. Although that is not the purpose of the game. I don't recall anybody tryng to elbow me out operating HK1NA.. well he had 1,5 kws!

73 de Rob HK3CW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Harpole" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>