[CQ-Contest] HEY- It's The Maritime QSO Party - this Saturday !hmmm, int

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] HEY- It's The Maritime QSO Party - this Saturday !hmmm, interesting. . . eh
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 22:56:37 -0300
Elbow to elbow we'll once again be sharing the bands with the Alabama folks,
and the VE1's, VA1's, VE9's and VY2's will be doing the Maritime QSO Party
this weekend. This is our 3rd year to battle QRM, QRN and the Aurora curtain
as it dances over our toqued heads.  Thank goodness Sporadic Es usually
graces us with its presence to also make the higher bands part of our radio
playground. Don't tune by - Just work us. It's ABOOT giving back, eh.

Our snow has finally melted (last week) and we've gingerly emerged from our
Igloos and we're thirsty for the hunt.  There is rumour of one guy who will
be fishing-shack rover...we really should send him  a rescue helicopter
Saturday night, as that slab of pack-ice has now slipped away from shore in
the Bay of Fundy. How many counties or wet squares he'll hit before it melts
is anyones guess. WFWL.

Here's your chance to tell us you really do (honest & for real, eh)
appreciate all those rare VE1/VA1, VE9 & VY2 mults you get ALL YEAR LONG (at
absolutely no charge) by getting on and making a few Q;s (or lots of Q;s??)
with little ol' us up here in the NorthEast.  (you guys aren't lyin about
always wanting all 3 of these succulent mults up here all the time ,right?_)

Park your beams NE (or if you are in the PNW, EAST will do just fine); relax
from  the comfort of your shacks A/C and give us a nudge.  We are happy to
work everyone !  There's even a World plaque to be won, so c'mon EU's or
Carribean stations.what are you waiting for?  Grab a slice of Canadian Maple
for your wall and say you have one of the most unique hunks of wood ever
won.  We'll even take some of your blandly coloured strange looking currency
and you can sponsor a plaque that better suits the whims you might have at
this very moment. How hard can that be? (operators are standing by)..Maybe
we'll even toss in a slab of Canadian bacon or a cold one with it? (OK, I
was just fibbing about the cold one..we have them all stashed in the
snowbank behind the woodshed for post contest refreshments)

We really do have some nice (and unusual) plaques to be won and perhaps
other goodies too.  There may even be HUGE cash awards !

(OK, not really, no cash..that was my catch-line to help finally reel you
in)  All the gory details can be found at:

http://maritimecontestclub.com/maritimeqsoparty.html

Now listen, no lyin, straight up, Word.  There won't be as many Rovers
(mobiles) as the FLA QSO party,(how could anyone top THAT?). however there
will be some folks out with our dogsleds or sea kayaks, myself included and
we'll be crossing the tundra or paddling between the icebergs and putting a
signal into your radio device as best as we can.(frozen coax is more
efficient, right?)  Some of our aerials may develop radial ice as we
traverse the vast expanses of counties up here that are as large as LX, C3
or Rhode Island, but let that not freeze your spirits.we'll be there to
listen for your calls.  Strain your ear for ours.

We've chosen some frequencies away from the EU FD and the AL QSO party to
help you better hunt us down like the prey we intend to be.

Us Maritimers make a special point to play in MANY of the QSO parties all
year long, to give out OUR rare mult to you fellas south

of the border, always for the low low price of NUTTIn' ;-).  Tell us you
still remember who we are.

A few minor rule changes this year.(12 hour format, vs. 15 the past 2
years..sleddogs need fed more than once a day)

If you are a VHF operator, we do 6m & 2m and there are some rare squares up
here..I've been told we have skilled ops on the ultrahighs with their lazers
trained on New England awaiting the beeps and bluprs to make a racket in
their speakers.

Rough outline, copied unabashedly from Wa7BNM..but really, just see link
above for all the gory details and pix of plaques and whatnot.

Come one, come all, family friendly !

Maritimes QSO Party: 1200Z-2400Z, Jun 1

  Mode: CW, Phone

  Bands: 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10, 6, 2m

  Classes: Fixed Single Op (CW/Phone/Mixed)

Mobile/Rover

Multi-Op

  Exchange: MAR: county

non-MAR: (state/province/country/)

  Work stations: Once per band per mode per county

  QSO Points: 1 point per phone QSO

2 points per CW QSO

Bonus: 100 points per QSO with VE9MCC, VA1MCC, or VY2MCC

  Multipliers: MAR: Each state, province, DXCC country once per band per
mode

non-MAR: Each MAR county once per band per mode

  Score Calculation: Total score = (total QSO points x total mults) + bonus
points

  Submit logs by: July 1, 2013

  E-mail logs to: va1mcc[at]rac[dot]ca

  Mail logs to: Bruce Wade