Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu G-450 Rotor question

To: KU7Y <ku7y@qsl.net>, cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu G-450 Rotor question
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:02:47 +0300
Is there a rubber belt mechanism moving the needle?

If all mechanics is rugged, you write you have checked the connectors.
See also internal connections .. maybe with a voltage meter parallel to the
rotator when it is operational.
If that is good, then see the electronics inside the control box.
Start there with connectors and then cold solder jonts.

About electronics, the most typical failure is the comparator .. but the
symptom the comparator shows is permanent.
Your device's failure mode is intermittent.

73,
Jukka OH6LI