[CQ-Contest] All Asian DX and self-spotting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] All Asian DX and self-spotting
From: XV4Y <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:52:31 +0700
Dear fellow contesters,

Yesterday I was using the DX Cluster (DXWatch website) to do some statistics
and check the best time for propagation.
I found that some participants have been self-spotting.
I had a look in the rules
(http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/4_Library/A-4-3_Contests/2013AA_rule.htm) and it
seems there are no expressed rules against self-spotting...

Does someone know the exact position of the JARL contest committee on this
topic ?
I thought self-spotting was not considered as a sign of good manner and was
banned from all contests.
I am surprised JARL seems "open" to this...

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y