Re: [CQ-Contest] FD Class - Power multiplier

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FD Class - Power multiplier
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:37:16 -0500
I don't think this is a critical factor. Considering that Field Day
originally was supposed to be a simulation of emergency field portable
operations, in a real emergency you most likely would be starting out
with a fresh battery charged on commercial mains. What would be
significant is how the battery could be charged during the actual
emergency operations. This is the real, practical application of the
purpose. So in this case the important factor would be how to charge
the battery during the time period of the actual operation.

A weak analogy is the scheduling that is permitted by ANY means before
an actual ARRL VHF contest starts. Once the contest starts, scheduling
is permitted only by amateur radio means.

73, Zack W9SZ